Tuesday, July 04, 2006

commie pinko wishes for a happy 4th

Who's the commie pinko, you ask? Why, it's me!
Dont'cha know that if you ain't a servile, war-worshipping Republican who knows his place, shuts his face, and salutes his masters while waving the Stars and Stripes, then you're a commie pinko?

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Wally Conger will be displaying his Gadsden flag today. I would do so myself if I had one. There may be others out there who will display the other flag I admire, the one that is all black. I don't have one of those either, but I am wearing a black t-shirt today.

July 4th is supposed to be a day to commemorate the rebellious souls who said NO to tyranny. Today, that spirit only lives on with us "commie pinkos". In true Orwellian fashion, the minds of the majority have been molded to view this day as one to commemorate the masters of war and the masters of other men. In other words, tyranny is now celebrated.

I hope that everyone has a enjoyable day with friends and family. I'll be grilling up some organic burgers and drinking some fine brews - I'm not a party pooper who'll treat this day as one to mourn the loss of liberty or anything, despite my total unwillingness to acknowledge the typical slogans and symbols that typical Americans view with the reverence people must have had for Christian imagery back in the days when the Church was the main institution engaged in indoctrination and terror.

Here's some subversive reading for all those commie pinkos out there who actually admire the Declaration of Independence and know what it's like to be rebellious rather than servile.

From Eugene Plawiuk: A New American Revolution (a great post from last year that's about real revolution, not those damn Chevrolets)
From Kevin Carson: Patriotic Quotes for the Fourth
From Roderick Long: A Thought for the Fourth
From Rad Geek: Independence Day
From Anthony Gregory: Which America Do You Celebrate?

These links aren't specificaly about the Fourth, but are relevant reads nonetheless:

Voltairine de Cleyre: Anarchism and American Traditions
Sheldon Richman: Americans Should Be "Anti-American"
Jeff Vail: Love Your Nation-State

Now go out there and have some good ol' disobedient fun! Anyone have any illegal fireworks?

2 Comments:

Blogger Nick Manley said...

Have a happy 4th! I've decided to celebrate it by ordering a black flag.

8:28 PM  
Blogger Isis said...

Good post. Any chance the brews were Bells? Oberon is still the definition of summer to me.

8:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home