Monday, June 12, 2006

update & links

I'm back... sort of. Posting will remain quite scarce for the next couple of months or so. My mother has just returned home from spending the past month in the hospital and is extremely sick and crippled. She requires constant care and attention, and I'm the primary person in charge of that. With that in mind, it's obvious that blogging has become an extremely low priority for me.

There are a few things I'd like to mention here briefly. These things have already been mentioned elsewhere, but I'd like to link to them here anyway.

* freedomSLUT: This great new resource provides liberty oriented social bookmarking - kind of like del.icio.us for libertarians.

* 2 new Myspace groups for radical libertarians: It's nice to see such subversive ideas being promoted over in that popular interweb networking scene. There is the Confederation of Agorist for agorists and Anarcho-Individualists for anarchists of an individualist persuasion.

* Thanks to Roderick Long, Joseph Stromberg's "English Enclosures and Soviet Collectivization: Two Instances of an Anti-Peasant Mode of Development" is now available online at the Molinari Institute site. This is the excellent essay from The Agorist Quarterly that I blogged about back in April. I must also thank Stromberg himself for not only writing the essay but also allowing it to be published online.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was concerned that your absence was due to something like that. My best to all involved. Take good care of her, and yourself, first and foremost, please.

12:41 PM  
Blogger Nick Manley said...

Sorry to hear about your mother, hope she gets better soon.

5:35 PM  
Blogger Warren Bluhm said...

Having just lost my mom, I can imagine what you're going through. We'll be thinking of you and wishing all the best.

9:33 PM  
Blogger freeman said...

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

Warren - I am terribly sorry to hear about your mom. I hope you and your family are doing well and I wish all of you the best.

3:36 PM  
Blogger Isis said...

Good to have you back, freeman. I'm sending you and your mom all good vibes.

6:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home