Friday, April 21, 2006

the sweet signs of spring: flowers & pucks

The sweet smell of spring is in the air. Temperatures here in southeast Michigan have been in the 60s and 70s with a brief trip into the 80s during the past couple of weeks. Yellow beauties such as dandelions, daffodils, and forsythias are blooming all around. I'm especially glad to see the dandelions since I plan on making some dandelion wine for the first time this year.

Another good thing about spring, one that was absent last year: the NHL playoffs. As far as professional sports are concerned, hockey is all I really care about anymore, and the best time of year for hockey is now through mid-June.

The best of the west and the beasts of the east better look out - the Detroit Red Wings are primed to fly through the playoffs, dropping slimy octopi on unsuspecting foes, on route to winning another Stanley Cup!

Game 1 is tonight @ 7 PM vs. the Edmonton Oilers.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sincerely sorry your Wings didn't make it. I was really thought they would beat the Oilers. First my Predators and now your Red Wings. If Anaheim beats Calgary in game 7 of their series, none of the top four teams in the Western Conference will have survived the first round!

1:48 PM  
Blogger Gospazha said...

I'd like to say I feel bad about your Red Wings, but as an Avs fan, I cannot tell a lie.

But for what it's worth, much of my glee is in the fact that the Avs won't face the Wings next round. If we had, I don't think we'd make it any further.

6:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home