Thursday, October 14, 2004

Wasting my vote??

It seems as if the likes of Vin Suprynowicz and Gary North would agree with me that voting for third parties is most certainly not a waste. They both have fresh new articles on Lewrockwell.com today that should be checked out. I've decided to include some thought-provoking excerpts from each. From Vin's article:
Pretend with me that you’re an old German on your deathbed today. Would you rather tell your grandchildren, "I voted for the Nazis because they seemed better than the Communists and no other party could win"? Wouldn’t you rather be able to rise up and say, "I publicly denounced the Nazis and the Communists. We were a minority – 1 or 2 percent – but we stood up for the truth and we were right! We proved not all Germans were mindless torchbearers for tyranny! We were ridiculed, we were beaten and jailed, but we saved this nation’s soul. Now children, go and live your lives in a way to make me proud"?

And from Gary's article:
National Presidential elections are rigged. They invariably are a race between Council on Foreign Relations Team A vs. Council on Foreign Relations Team B. Susan Huck pointed this out thirty years ago. The only possible exception to this rule was Calvin Coolidge's defeat in 1924 of CFR founding member and Wall Street lawyer John W. Davis. That was because the CFR was founded in 1921, and Coolidge came in as President when Harding died in 1923. When you vote for a major party's Presidential candidate, you are voting for the CFR. If this is what you mean by "not throwing away my vote," then you have a strange definition of "throwing away."

When you especially consider that the differences between the two mainstream parties these days are pretty trivial when you consider the similarities between the two on major, fundamental issues, then I just can't justify voting for either of them. Knowing what I know, it would bring bad karma.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home