Friday, November 12, 2004

Reason #411 Why Public Education is Noxious

Image Hosted by 
<br />ImageShack.us

Click here to read about a high school in Joliet, Illinois that has banned plain white t-shirts.

That's right... plain white t-shirts. Banned.

The "rationale" is that plain white t-shirts are a popular item among suspected gang members. You know, while I don't have any statistics to back this up, I'd be willing to state that practically every gang member can be seen wearing pants. Let's ban pants too! Gang members can often be seen wearing Nike basketball shoes, so let's ban those too! Never mind the school basketball teams, let their parents cough up the money for some new Reeboks or something. Oh, and don't forget gold chains; can't let kids wear gold chains either, even the ones with the cross worn by the God fearing. That oughta clean up the school once and for all. {/sarcasm}

I don't know about you, but I'd actually feel safer knowing who was or was not in a gang by means of clothing. Seeing popular gang regalia on someone allows me to pinpoint potential trouble and adjust to my surroundings. For example, I'm not going to make wisecracks about gang members being turd sniffin' losers if I spot someone nearby with their baggy pants down around their knees.

I think the next gang fad should be for gangs to dress like their school administrators. Wouldn't that make for an interesting scenario?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home