Sunday, October 16, 2005

Leviathan


That haunting depiction of Leviathan was created by artist Tommy Castillo. I encourage you to click on the pic to see the enlarged version since you'll be able to see what Leviathan is composed of.

What made me want to look for a cool image of Leviathan was my recent used book store find. I was lucky enough to come across a copy of the 1972 book edited by Murray Rothbard and Ronald Radosh titled A New History of Leviathan. The cover of the book features red and blue vertical stripes and a fancy drawing of Leviathan. The book itself provides essays from both Rothbard and members of the New Left concerning the rise of the American corporate state. One of the Rothbard essays was recently posted on LRC and is a must read: War Collectivism in World War I.

2 Comments:

Blogger Wally Conger said...

You, pal, are a lucky dog to have found that book. Wish I had one!

11:08 PM  
Blogger Jay Jardine said...

Man, despite a pretty decent market for used books here in Vancouver, I can never seem to find *anything* by Rothbard. Good catch.

1:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home