Tuesday, January 31, 2006

freakin' the suburbs

How? By spending the day out on the town wearing this new bad boy: Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
I donated $30 to Strike The Root during the holiday season and recieved that hip tee for doing so. It didn't elicit as many reactions as my shirt that says liberty in Arabic, but hey, I've only worn it once. For the record, I know better than to wear that Arabic liberty shirt to any of the local watering holes. The last thing I need is for a bunch of drunk "America - Fuck yeah!" types thinkin' that I'm some sort of jihadist or something.

Aside from wearing that shirt and reminding people to keep their hands and laws off other people, I also left behind a few of those MLL pamphlets released by Wally Conger everywhere I went. Unfortunately, too many of the slumbering suburban folk around here are completely blinded by their USSA flag decals and otherwise distracted by the current Stupor Bowl mania (the game is being held about 20 miles south of my current abode) to care about anything, like, serious or something.

If that shirt is not enough to freak you out, maybe the music I'll be blogging about tomorrow will. Some of my favorite freaky musicians from Japan will be the subject of a music post that'll appear here sometime tomorrow evening.

1 Comments:

Blogger Fawkes said...

I got my "Disobey" shirt in the mail a while back. (It's a new one from STR with a great Thoreau quote on the back.) I look for reasons to leave the house and walk around in public whilst wearing it. I wore it too the grocery store the other day and tallied all the double takes and suspicious, sideways looks I recieved. Great fun!

10:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home