Sunday, December 18, 2005

late night CBC rant

I will always appreciate CBC for their weekly institution known as Hockey Night in Canada. I also love the fact that they show games practically every night during the playoffs. I watch as much of it as I can, being fortunate enough to live close enough to the Canadian border to pick it up with or without cable.

For the last two weeks, I've decided to watch their late-night movie that follows HNIC since they've had two great flicks on: The Maltese Falcon and The Pink Panther Strikes Again.

For the second straight week, the picture and sound have begun going in and out near the end of the movie. This isn't happening on any other channel. Curses! What's the deal? I've at least seen tonight's movie a few times before, but I had never seen The Maltese Falcon prior to last week's showing, which amounted to being a tease.

I just had to rant about it somewhere, since this is happening as I type this, and I'm pretty ticked off. I coulda and shoulda gone to bed earlier. I hardly ever watch the boob tube as it is, and crap like this often happens when I do. Curses!

4 Comments:

Blogger etnobofin said...

"Well, blame Canada
Blame Canada
It seems that everything's gone wrong
Since Canada came along
Blame Canada
Blame Canada
They're not even a real country anyway"

(Sorry I couldn't help that. I don't mean it. Some of my best friends are Canadian. Really.)

Later
etno

3:59 AM  
Blogger Mike Kole said...

You gotta know that CBC puts the A-crew on HNIC. If the picture cut out during a Leafs-Habs game, there could be rioting in the streets!

The Maltese Falcon's a goodie. Don't leave it to CBC's B-crew. Treat yourself and rent the DVD.

9:40 AM  
Blogger Jay Jardine said...

As much as I loathe state-funded media in general, the entire Hockey Night staff could easily be snapped up and presented to voluntarily paying viewers.

Although PBS occasionally has interesting programs, too!

I used to have trouble picking up the CBC with my rabbit ears. Depending on where you are during the playoffs you can try and catch the same game on the French channel.

1:34 PM  
Blogger freeman said...

I'd certainly pay for CBC, at least for HNIC and superior Olympic coverage.


CBC comes in just fine here with rabbit ears, although the French channel is extremely hit or miss.

2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home