Friday, December 03, 2004

Michael Savage, The Aptly Named Hatemonger

Strike the Root has provided a link to an entry in the online forums of Arianna Huffington's website that provides some recent quotes by Michael Savage, one of the leading promoters of hate and mass murder in the world of talk radio. The following quotes show just how appropriate it is for this guy to have the last name of Savage. This is the kind of savage hatred that one would expect from actual, honest to God Nazis, although people like Hitler were much more eloquent in their hate-filled diatribes. Here we go...
"I think there should be no mercy shown to these sub-humans. I believe that a thousand of them should be killed tomorrow. I think a thousand of them held in the Iraqi prison should be given 24 hour[s] -- a trial and executed. I think they need to be shown that we are not going to roll over to them ... Instead of putting joysticks, I would have liked to have seen dynamite put in their orifices and they should be dropped from airplanes ... They should put dynamite in their behinds and drop them from 35,000 feet, the whole pack of scum out of that jail."

Right now, even people sitting on the fence would like George Bush to drop a nuclear weapon on an Arab country. They don't even care which one it would be. I can guarantee you -- I don't need to go to Mr. Schmuck [pollster John] Zogby and ask him his opinion ... The most -- I tell you right now -- the largest percentage of Americans would like to see a nuclear weapon dropped on a major Arab capital. They don't even care which one...

"I think these people need to be forcibly converted to Christianity ... It's the only thing that can probably turn them into human beings.

I'm going to give you one further example from my background as an anthropologist just so that you -- I'm trying to put context on this because you can go crazy if you don't have the context on this, because I'm going to lead up to something of what we must do to these primitives. Because these primitives can only be treated in one way, and I don't think smallpox and a blanket is good enough incidentally ... Smallpox in a blanket, which the U.S. Army gave to the Cherokee Indians on their long march to the West, was nothing compared to what I'd like to see done to these people."


Notice how Savage refers to Arabs as "primitives", as opposed to "savages". The problem is, most of the people over in that part of the world are far more mature and civilized than Mr. Savage.

To read other ghastly quotes of his, along with the reactions of the Arianna forums crew, click here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home