Sunday, November 21, 2004

Treacherous E-mail Hoaxes

I opened up an e-mail a few minutes ago from someone who will remain nameless that sparked my attention. I've heard of various chain e-mails with social or political messages being circulated, representing various ideologies, and each one that I hear about turns out to be a hoax. The one I recieved contained various interesting tid-bits about Iraq, and the last thing that was mentioned within the e-mail sparked an immediate alarm from my bullshit detector (which happens to sound like the Batman theme). This is what it said:
And also... This is something to think about! Since America is typically represented by an eagle. Saddam should have read up on his Muslim passages...

The following verse is from the Koran, (the Islamic Bible)

Koran (9:11) - For it is written that a son of Arabia would awaken a fearsome Eagle. The wrath of the Eagle would be felt throughout the lands of Allah and lo, while some of the people trembled in despair still more rejoiced; for the wrath of the Eagle cleansed the lands of Allah; and there was peace.

(Note the verse number!) Hmmmmmmm?! God Bless you all Amen !

Thanks to the wonders of the internet, I found myself reading chapter 9 of the Qur'an within 60 seconds of reading this e-mail. Sure enough, this e-mail claim is absolute bullshit. Here is a link to Chapter 9 of the Qur'an, and here is a link to what the urban legend site Snopes.com has to say about it.

Why does it not surprise me that the person who forwarded this e-mail to me recieved it from some Bible thumpers?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home