Thursday, June 09, 2005

Peter McWilliams - government murder victim

Yep, that's right. Peter McWilliams was murdered by the USSA federal government on June 14, 2000.

Why? Because he wished to ease the suffering caused by AIDS and cancer and prevent himself from vomiting up his medications through the use of marijuana. Once the federal thugs forcibly removed that treatment option, he was left defenseless against the pain, and the vomiting.

How did he die? Choking on his own vomit. If his preferred course of treatment was not forcibly removed from his choice of treatment options, there would have been no vomit to choke on. He might still be with us today. Thus, there is no doubt in the minds of many that McWilliams was murdered by the feds.

James Leroy Wilson is using his blog to remind us of this tragedy by posting something about McWilliams every day leading up to the fifth anniversary of the murder. This is especially relevant given the fact that the federal government set the stage earlier in the week for many more Americans to suffer and die for no good reason by striking down medicinal marijuana. And I'm well aware of the suffering that those who are fighting cancer go through since my own mother has been fighting it for some time now. If I thought that marijuana would help ease her pain, I'd definitely consider hooking her up with that treatment option, feds be damned! Unfortunately, my dad would probably kill me if I ever brought a pot brownie anywhere near my mom. Some people disapprove of certain things just because of their legal status, no matter how silly and/or irrational that may be.

I encourage readers to check up on Wilson's blog on a daily basis to read his posts on McWilliams. The first one included a link to a great column about McWilliams written by William F. Buckley Jr. I find it odd that such a column was written by a conservative such as Buckley, but then again he has been opposed to the war on drugs for some time now.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great idea by Wilson ... I didn't think I was the only one remembering Peter, of course; still, it's very good to see his situation getting the attention it still merits. I miss him.

8:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home